State the different elements of a computer system.
A computer system is mainly composed of the following six
1. Hardware- It includes all the physical
components of a computer such as, keyboard, mouse, monitor,
processor, etc. These can be touched and a user inputs commands
2. Software- It is referred to a set of the
programs that enables a computer to perform its tasks or commands
given by the user. There are following six types of software.
3. People- It constitutes the most important
part of a computer system. It basically refers to the individuals
or the users who interact with the computer through the use of
hardware and software. The following are the people who are
involved in a computer system.
4. Procedures- A series of operations that are
executed in a certain manner in order to achieve a desired set of
results is known as 'Procedures'. There are mainly following
three types of procedures.
5. Data- The facts that are gathered and entered
into a computer system is known as 'Data'. It may comprise of
numbers, text, graphics, etc.
6. Connectivity- This refers to the manner, in
which a computer system is connected to the other electronic
devices through telephone lines, microwave transmission,
satellite link, etc., is known as 'Connectivity'.
Answer needs Correction? Click Here