1. Why had Framton Nuttel come to the “rural retreat”?
Answer: Framton Nuttel was suffering from some neural disease. He had come to the rural retreat to recuperate from his disease.
2. Why had his sister given him letters of introduction to people living there?
Answer: Framton’s sister lived there about three years ago. She knew some people over there, so she gave letters of introduction. Letters of introduction were to help him establish some identity for himself.
3. What had happened in the Sappleton family as narrated by the niece?
Answer: Mrs. Sappleton’s husband and her two younger brothers went for shooting in summers about three years back. They got trapped in muddy ditch and died.
4. What did Mrs Sappleton say about the open window?
Answer: Mrs. Sappleton said that her husband and her younger brothers had been on a shooting spree and she was expecting them to come back through the window. They always came by that route only. She was waiting for them to come and spoil the dÃ©cor of the house.
5. The horror on the girl’s face made Framton swing around in his seat. What did he see?
Answer: When Framton swung around he saw a silhouette of three men and dog in the evening light. Then a hoarse voice was heard shouting at the dog.
6. Why did Frampton rush out wildly?
Answer: On seeing three men approaching the house he must have thought of seeing the ghosts of three dead men. He was too afraid to stay there. So he fled from that place.
7. What was the girl’s explanation for his lightning exit?
Answer: The girl said that Frampton was afraid of the dog. Because he had bad experience, of being chased by dogs on the banks of the Ganges. There he ended up spending his night in a graveyard with ferocious animals scaring him throughout the night.
The Open Window will be available online in PDF book form soon. The solutions are absolutely Free. Soon you will be able to download the solutions.