1. Find the ratio of the following.
(a) Speed of a cycle 15 km per hour to the speed of scooter 30 km per hour.
(b) 5 m to 10 km
(c) 50 paise to Rs 5
Answer: Rs 5 = 500 paise
2. Convert the following ratios to percentages.
(a) 3 : 4
(b) 2 : 3
3. 72% of 25 students are good in mathematics. How many are not good in mathematics?
Answer: Percentage of Students not good in math = 100 - 72 = 28
Number of Students not good in Math = 25-18=7
4. A football team won 10 matches out of the total number of matches they played. If their win percentage was 40, then how many matches did they play in all?
Answer: Let us assume total number of matches = x
5. If Chameli had Rs 600 left after spending 75% of her money, how much did she have in the beginning?
Answer: Money left after spending 75% = 100-75 = 25%
Let us assume total money = x
Chameli had Rs. 2,400 in the beginning
6. If 60% people in a city like cricket, 30% like football and the remaining like other games, then what per cent of the people like other games? If the total number of people are 50 lakh, find the exact number who like each type of game.
Answer: Cricket Fans = 60%
Football Fans = 30%
So, Other Sports’ Fans = 100 - (60 + 30) = 10% people like other games.
Comparing Quantities will be available online in PDF book form soon. The solutions are absolutely Free. Soon you will be able to download the solutions.