1. Find out as much as you can about different kinds of snakes
(from books in the library, or from the Internet). Are they all
poisonous? Find out the names of some poisonous snakes.
2. Look for information on how to find out whether a snake is
3. As you know, from the previous lesson you have just read,
there are people in our country who have traditional knowledge
about snakes, who even catch poisonous snakes with practically
bare hands. Can you find out something more about them?
1. (The first part of this question has to
be done by the students on their own.)
No, all snakes are not poisonous. Some of the poisonous snakes
are Indian Cobra, Common Krait, Russell's Viper and Saw-scaled
2. There are many ways to find out whether a
snake is harmful, some of which are listed below.
The poisonous snakes have
• Slit eyes (except
• Depression between
the eyes and the nostrils
3. Some facts about snake charmers are as
• Delhi government's
amnesty scheme gave licence to many snake charmers rendering it
legal to practice this trade.
• The snake charmers
belong to the Nath sect and are followers of Lord Shiva or Bhole
• The skills of
catching snakes are taught to them in their childhood.
• The snakes usually
lie about in the open in the snake charmers' colonies.
• Small boxes,
filled with sand, are also set up for the snakes there.
Answer needs Correction? Click Here