1. What do the following phrases mean to you? Discuss in class.
(i) Humid shadows
(ii) Starry spheres
(iii) What a bliss
(iv) A thousand dreamy fancies into busy being start
(v) A thousand recollections weave their air-threads into woof
2. What does the poet like to do when it rains?
3. What is the single major memory that comes to the poet? Who
are the "darling
dreamers" he refers to?
4. Is the poet now a child? Is his mother still alive?
shadows" refer to the dark
clouds that produce rain.
spheres" refer to the
night sky abounding in stars.
(iii) The phrase
bliss" refers to an
extremely happy and heavenly feeling.
(iv)This refers to the various imaginary thoughts and fantasies
that are aroused in the
(v) This phrase means that numerous memories intermingle to form
a beautiful picture that the poet recollects.
2. When it rains, the poet feels delighted to
lie with his head pressed against the pillow of his cottage
chamber bed and listen to the patter of the soft rain.
3. The single major memory that comes to the
poet is that of his mother and her fond look.
dreamers" are the poet and
his siblings in their childhood when they were lovingly put to
sleep by their mother.
4. No, the poet is not a child now.
The fact that the poet recollects with fondness his mother's
memories connote her absence. However, it is difficult to state
whether she is dead or she is merely not staying with the poet
Answer needs Correction? Click Here