Senior-Secondary-School(till 12th class)
Rev. Fr. Clifford Sequeira, S.J
Yes (1000 capacity)
St Joseph’s Boys' High School run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) has an enviable tradition of 155 years of service to the cause of education. Thousands of students have passed through its portals and now are serving humanity within the country and abroad in different capacities, and some of them in very high positions.
In addition to focusing on academic excellence, due attention is paid to physical training and games. Two large and open playgrounds afford space for cricket, football, hockey, basketball and other games and recreation. A swimming pool and a gymnasium offer healthy exercise for the boys. Regular PT classes are conducted as part of the ordinary schedule. The School has a Boy Scout Troop and a unit of the NCC and cubs. Inter-house games are part of the school curriculum.
Inter-class and inter-house debates are held periodically. Boys are trained for concerts. Singing classes are a part of the time table. A well-stocked library is open to the pupils on all class days. It is also supplied with periodicals and magazines.
The school is divided into four Houses: St. Andrew's, St. David's, St. Georges and St. Patrick’s. The Houses compete with one another in studies, games, track and field sports, aquatics, dramatics and music competitions. Boys are expected to take part in some of the school activities such as games, debates, drama, scouting, NCC etc. Each pupil should strive to attain proficiency in at least one of these activities.
he school uniform that must be worn for class daily by all pupils has as its colour scheme, The daily uniform consists of white shirt, American Khaki trousers, with black shoes and socks or stockings. A striped blue and white tie and white shirt and trousers are used as formal dress. House colours and white shorts/trousers are worn on Fridays.
The school is situated at Museum Road in Bangalore. Though the fees may be low when compared to other schools this school provides state-of-the-art facilities. In its tidy campus of 8 acres the school has good infrastructure like:
- Computer Lab : The 100 seater computer lab is well equipped with fast internet enabled, networked computers. The students are encouraged to acquire the skills needed to operate applications which help in the learning process. Netiquette and safe computer operation practices are encouraged.
- Classrooms : The bright and spacious classrooms are extremely conducive to the learning processes. The classrooms are equipped with state-of-art audio-visual teaching aids with Computer Aided Instruction System. Each classroom has Digital Smart Boards, a Computer with a broadband connection to the central server and to the internet. Apart from these the students also has easy access to basic necessities like coolers, hot water, etc. Thus the learning process of the student is accelerated.
- Library : The need to seek knowledge beyond the walls of the classroom is essential. With over 40000 volumes the three storied school library caters to the voracious reading needs of the students. The Library subscribes to over 30 magazines and dailies which help to meet the varying reading needs of the student. In addition to seeking information within the library, students can use the computers placed in the library to browse the internet for information.
- Chapel : The school has a beautiful Chapel for prayer and worship. This Chapel is open for personal prayer to all students irrespective of their creed. Christian students have Holy Mass here. The silent atmosphere in the chapel is conducive for the spiritual growth of the students.
- Play Grounds : The school has two play grounds one in the school campus while the other is the cricket ground on MG Road. The cricket ground is solely used for cricket training. All other sporting events take place in the ground within in the school campus.
- Swimming Pool : The school has a well maintained swimming pool and it also is the second pool to be built in Bangalore. The students using the pool are under the watchful eyes of the swimming coach.
- Akash Pirgal and Louis Unni bagged BEST DELEGATE award, Vaishakh Datta was honoured with COMMENDABLE DELEGATE and Aniket Chowdhury received accolades for maximum press awards along with a special mention. Pioneered by our teacher co-ordinator, Ms. Sarita Meeshraw, St Joseph's runs a MUN club with fervent encouragement from Rev. Fr. Clifford Sequeria, SJ, to train its MUNers in extensive and rigorous conditions which helps them scale new heights in various MUNs conducted.
The SJBHS faculty represents many disciplines, many methods, and many perspectives. By bringing together a diverse group that is able to consider issues through different perspective.
The in -service training helps the teachers to make their teaching interesting and also helps to keep themselves alongside of the latest changes in the curriculum and innovative solutions to today's pressing educational problems.
27, Museum Road
Museum Road, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
Central Bangalore , Bangalore
Karnataka - 560025
Phone : 080 - 2221 4416
Email : email@example.com