Senior-Secondary-School(till 12th class)
Co-Education (Girls and Boys both)
Rs. 600000/ - (approx.)
Yes (1400 capacity)
The school motto as expressed in Sanskrit reflects that ‘life and learning are one’, and the Latin translation is ‘life is for learning’ or ‘learning is for life’ – Vita Eadem Studia. The three expressions are open to very rich interpretation, and the choice of two ancient languages of scholarship is a representation of the fusion of cultural excellence found at TISB.
TISB is situated in a perfect Indian setting yet delivers an international education. The buildings are all modern and spacious and offer the students the near-comfort of home in the open countryside of India’s Garden City, also known as Asia’s Silicon City, Bangalore.
The education system, besides providing an all-round education intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically, also offers guidance in critical thinking, social openness and in purposeful research. Students are given opportunities to develop their own talents as well as to be aware of national and global issues, while contributing to the healthy development of the needs of their own school campus and community. Homework is given to encourage and develop independent study skills and to complement particular fields of study. A homework timetable is issued to all students who are required to complete the work as assigned by subject teachers.
On entry into the School, each pupil is placed in a Form Group of not more than 25 under a Form Tutor who will be responsible for monitoring all aspects of progress and welfare. The Form Tutor is the first point of contact for parents on any issue concerning the child. The School will actively encourage strong links with parents to ensure that at all times they are kept fully informed of any concerns that they or the school may have. Regular Parent Evenings/Mornings will take place and these, along with half yearly reports and occasional interim reports, will ensure that each pupil’s progress is closely monitored.
- To enable students from anywhere in the world to achieve their dreams and reach their potential in whatever they aim to do.
- To provide unparalleled academic excellence and wonderful future career prospects in a humane and caring pastoral environment.
- To promote ethical practices and the development of social awareness and responsibility in all of our students.
- To establish a community whose strength lies in its integrity, loyalty, honesty and dedication to achieve great things in life with clear vision and humility.
- To widen the intellectual horizons of students through global exposure to activities in the arts, sciences, competitions and social services.
- To stimulate well-being and character development through cultural, social, academic and sporting co-curricular activities at the highest level.
- To foster independence of mind and spirit through kindly guidance and nurturing.
- To set the highest of professional and educational standards and goals and to strive with passion and perseverance towards them.
TISB International Convention Center
The TISB International Convention Centre is the centerpiece of the school’s art centre. With 1,400 seats, state-of-the art lighting and sound systems, an immense stage which has supported plays with a cast of 300 and more, this beautiful air-conditioned, wi-fi enabled hall is surrounded by an art gallery, art, music and drama studios and an amphitheater just outside. On the other side of the campus, we also have a 400-seat air conditioned theatre for smaller scale events.
The TISB library is an educational and cultural environment where individuals are exposed to ideas through the use of print and non-print resources in many media formats. The library provides curricular support by the provision of materials, collaborative curricular support through consultation with teachers, informal instruction and individual mentoring, communication with faculty, online and library oriented research support during and after school hours, as well as the fostering of a life long love of reading.
Expert chefs prepare delicious vegetarian and non-vegetarian Indian and Continental dishes for our students and staff. Hygiene and quality are absolute priorities and the food at TISB is fresh, wholesome, nutritious and plentiful. Special treats are often in store from our team of chefs, and all meals are served under the supervision of teaching and boarding staff. Our Kitchen and dining facilities have been completely updated in 2009 to include the most sophisticated and modern equipment used by the top hotels around the world.
Science is taught as an experimental subject at TISB. That means that students spend most of their time in the labs actively experiencing science, rather than passively having it demonstrated to them by the teachers. In our three brand-new state-of-the-art laboratories for Chemistry, Biology and Physics, all students learn how to design and execute their own experiments, record their findings and draw up scientific reports. The labs are equipped with the latest technological devices in order to support cutting-edge experimentation. A strong emphasis on scientific method is inculcated in students from the very beginning, and the three sciences are taught separately from Grade 6 onwards. There is also an excellent Primary Science Laboratory in the Primary School, which is also in constant use.
TISB is a green campus which harvests its water and recycles it via our specialist water treatment plant. The laundry service is hygienic and dependable, turning around thousands of articles of clothing daily. All student clothing is tagged for identification purposes and students are taught the importance of looking after their personal hygiene and space, including managing their laundry, so that that they have a sense of independence, which is an important development for any boarder. Houseparents help to encourage students to manage
- Voted one of the top five international schools in the world by The Good Schools Guide, The International School Bangalore (TISB) is India’s premier independent, selective, coeducational HMC boarding and day school.
- The school is affiliated to the international Baccalaureate Organisation, Geneva and the Cambridge International Examinations. TISB was ranked at the No 5 position by the EW C-fore survey of “Most respected schools in India “ 2011 and at the No 7 position in the 2012 survey of "India School Rankings".
The excellent staff at TISB received their training abroad and in India, and have long experience of teaching in academically rigorous international schools. The school hosts IGCSE and IB training workshops for teachers worldwide and many of our teachers are practicing examiners for these Boards, thus enriching the teaching practice here at the school. Staff participate in weekly training sessions at school and also attend IGCSE, IB and HMC workshops. Professional training weeks are held prior to and at the end of each academic year, during which all teachers review and develop their teaching practice under the guidance of the Director, Principal and Senior Management Team.
NAFL Valley, Whitefield - Sarjapur Road
Near Dommasandra Circle, East Bangalore , Bangalore
Karnataka - 562125
Phone : +91 80 22634900, +91 80 22634980
Fax : +91 80 27822553
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org