Senior-Secondary-School(till 12th class)
Co-Education (Girls and Boys both)
Rs. 60000/ - (approx.)
Vidya Niketan School is a coeducational, secular, wholly Indian school run by the Kasturba Education Trust and affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE), New Delhi. It is a school with global reach, yet with its roots embedded in Indian culture and ethos. The school has “Character Building and Man-Making” as its mission and its motto is “Discipline and Excellence”.
According to a school spokesperson, “Vidya Niketan School is a preparation for life...an avenue to give each child a strong foundation to build on. The school believes in ‘Co-operation over Competition’ a quality we try to build in every student who enters the portals of the institution.”
The school has a teacher – pupil ratio of 1:12. All teachers are trained graduates or post graduates and well versed with the use of technology in the classroom. They are also trained in the use of effective and contemporary teaching methodologies.
• A lush campus of 6 and half acres, easily accessible from the city.
• Separate buildings for the Junior and Senior sections with independent facilities for each.
• Four staff rooms make teachers more accessible to the students and also provide the teachers with ample space to do effective work. All staff rooms are fitted with computers and a Resource person to help teachers do esearch and creative lesson plans.
• Vidya Niketan School features 45 spacious, well- ventilated classrooms designed to make learning a pleasure. All classrooms are equipped with an Interactive White Board and Activinspire which plays a dynamic role in classroom learning and caters to the Multiple intelligences in the classroom.
At Vidya Niketan School, the library is a hub of activity and a centre of learning.
Separate libraries for the junior (Stds. I–V) and senior (Stds. VI–XII) sections that children have access to age-appropriate reading material covering an eclectic range of subjects.
Three separate laboratories for Physics, Chemistryand Biology enables students to conduct all experiments prescribed by the ICSE and ISC syllabi.
A Junior Science Laboratory for the students of the Middle School helps students to learn by doing and seeing, rather than learn just from text books.
Math Lab helps develop interest and curiosity in students towards various branches of Mathematics through practical understanding and applications.
Two well equipped computer Labs both for Junior and senior school and an E-Learning room with 36 computers to help students in research and projects.
A well equipped kitchen and appliances help students whip up tasty dishes, guided by an expert teacher.
Yoga helps children evelop better self-awareness, self-control, flexibility and co-ordination. It encourages creativity to flow and liminates fear, anger and adness. All students from std.IV to std.XII practice yoga every week and also practice meditation and pranayam.
Two separate music rooms for Western and Indian music respectively helps expose hildren to different forms of music.
The Art Room
The Art Room provides the ideal creative space in which children can express hemselves through colour, shape and form.
In the past one year Vidya Niketan has won some prestigious awards recognizing the school’s performance in all areas.
• The school won the 8th place in Education World’s survey of India’s Most Respected Schools.
• Vidya Niketan was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation from the Indian Green Bulding Council for its invaluable contributing in championing the Green Movement.
• The British Council has conferred the International Schools Award in recognition of the Global Partnership Program with John Bentley School, in Calne, Wiltshire, U.K .
• The school emerged as champions in the recently conducted Basketball matches organized by the Karnataka Basketball federation.
• 1985 – Vidya Niketan begins its modest innings at Sadashiva Nagar in the Vidya agar campus
• 1987 – we move to a rented building on Millers Road
• 1990 – we move to our own building at Hebbal
• 1994 – 1st Batch of ICSE passes out with flying colours. 17 students take the Exam.
• 1995 – A Remedial centre is set up
• 1996 – Vidya Niketan gets the affiliation from the ICSE council
• 2000 – Three and a half acres of land is acquired to add to the existing two and a half acres. More space and therefore more sports facilities introduced.
• 2000 - Gratuity introduced for all teachers who have been with the school for five years or more.
• 2001 – School introduces the lunch scheme for teachers. This comes as a huge relief to the teachers.
• 2003 –The ISC program for classes XI and XII introduced
• 2005 – Technology comes into the class rooms and all classes are fitted with Computers and a TV
• 2006 – Maths Lab constructed and starts functioning.
• 2010 - All classrooms are fitted with an Interactive white Board and teachers are all trained in the use of ActivInspire.
The school has a teacher– pupil ratio of 1:12. All teachers are trained graduates or Post-graduates.
All teachers are trained in the use of technology in the classroom and are also trained in the use of the various teaching methodologies employed in the school.
Many teachers have been sponsored to complete the CIDTT Program (Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers).
This not only helps the teachers to acquire an additional qualification, but also helps them to implement all the learning in the classroom.
# 30, Kempapura,
Hebbal, North Bangalore , Bangalore
Karnataka - 560024
Phone : 080-23331531, 080-23531340
Fax : 080-23635303
Email : email@example.com