High-School(till 10th class)
Co-Education (Girls and Boys both)
Rs. 189000/ - (approx.)
Mrs. Kalpana Mohan
No. of Students
No. of Teachers
Vidyashilp Academy, Bangalore was founded on July 6, 1998 by Ravindra Vithlani,who was not an educationist by qualification but belonged to the marketing field. His wife Hansa Vithlani had founded Vidyasagar a couple of years ago and in 1982, she started Vidyaniketan School. The education concept promoted by the school was not textbook based, instead it emphasized on intellectual development, practical knowledge and knowledge gained by interaction. Vidyashilp Academy started with 12 teachers and 105 teachers and it now comprises 1740 students and 192 teaching staff, maintaining a teacher-student ratio of 1:9.
Vidyashilp Academy aims at providing contemporary knowledge and skills to children through creative and innovative methods that will stimulate thinking, motivate guide them to:
* Achieve academic excellence through a foundation of conceptual learning.
* Develop into well-rounded and exemplary personalities, equipped to face future environments and avail the best opportunities in the global context.
* Respond to their society, peers, and professional colleagues in a responsible manner.
* Develop value based ability for making appropriate judgments and choices in life. As a strategic program, Vidyashilp Academy aims at empowering children to achieve their full potential given their individual talents, on a foundation of healthy social, environmental and community values, through an evolving set of practices, processes and systems as under:
* By imparting contemporary knowledge with utmost creativity and passion.
* By providing education with a judicious approach focusing on the learner.
* By objective and subjective management of competences and performances of learners.
* By engaging qualified and experienced educators who will facilitate the learning process.
* By providing comprehensive technological support to implement the teaching and learning process.
* By providing on-going training to the teams at all levels to excel in academics and curricular activities.
* By providing an ethical, realistic and value based environment to facilitate learning and personal development.
Vidyashilp Academy is spread across 18 acres with 56 efficiently built teaching classrooms, work areas, state-of-the-art laboratories such as cookery labs, science, computer and language equipped with modern amenities, auditoriums, seminar halls, dining hall and medical room. The ICT enabled classrooms spacious and furnished with functionally designed furniture, seating arrangements with storage facilities, computers, and audio-visual equipments.
The school library is well stocked with 15000 books and other journals offering students an ideal study environment.
The campus also features a 25 meter swimming pool, a volley ball court, a basketball court, a badminton court, a skating rink, a full-size cricket field, football, and hockey fields, and indoor-sports facility for chess, bridge, yoga, badminton, and music, sculpture centers.
The school has its own vermin compost which is the best in Bangalore, the school also houses paper recycling unit, solar energy pre-heated water and rain water harvesting facilities. The school does not provide any accommodation facility. It has a fleet of buses which provides transport facility to its students.
1. Vidyashilp Academy was nominated directly in the Engineering Watch Award 2013.
2. Vidyashilp Academy is consistently ranked among the best schools in India by leading education surveys.
The admission is solely based on entrance exam, studens potential and marks scored in the previous class. The admission procedure completes in May but sometime it also depends on the availability of seats.
CISCE: Rs. 43,000 per quarter (3 quarters)
IGCSE: Rs. 83000 per quarter (3 quarters)
Vidyashilp Academy follows Indian Certificate of Secondary Examinations (ICSE) curriculum, from Class I to X. The school also offers the Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) curriculum for students who wish to pursue it.
The school does not follow textbook approach of imparting education; rather multiple intelligence educational method is followed. From first grade to seventh grade there are no text books and the syllabus is authored by the teachers. From seventh grade onwards textbooks are used as referential resource. The classrooms are ICT enabled. The school organizes teacher induction programmes spread throughout the academic year.
Vidyashilp Academy encourages every student to participate in atleast one sport so that the students specialize in atleast one activity of their choice. The school offers, skating, swimming, kho-kho, yoga, handball, throw ball, aerobics, chess and cricket.
Alongside the regular curriculum, the school also provides balanced inputs through activities such as Shilp Encounter and Shilp Dew. These activities help to enhance the student general awareness and knowledge about the surrounding local, national and global environment.
42/3, Shivanahalli, P.O. Box No. 6437
After Jakkur Flying Club, Yelhanka
North Bangalore , Bangalore
Karnataka - 560064
Phone : 08028561824
Email : email@example.com